The city offers weekly waste and fortnightly recycling collection services for residents. Items that cannot be reused, recycled or composted should go in the general waste bin. Check out the 'Find my bin day' page to find your collection day.
Use the 'Find my bin day' tool to find out your collection day.
Residential waste bins
Residents have a choice of three waste bin sizes.
* Eligible pensioners can receive a 50 per cent discount on waste service charges.
Reduce the size of your waste bin and lower your waste service charge. To change your bin size, the property owner of legally appointed managing agent must send a written request to the city.
Your waste service fee allows the city to provide a range of general services including:
- Street and park litter collection
- Street and path sweeping
- High-pressure footpath cleaning
- Waste bin repair or replacement
- Waste collection services for community and special events
- Place the bin out by 6am on your collection day
- Bins must not weigh more than 70 kilograms
- Ensure lids are closed
- Contents must not be free-falling (i.e. do not jam waste into the bin)
- Ensure bins are not obstructed
- Wrap moist/perishable foods in newspaper
- Freeze smelly food before placing it in your bin
- Return bins to your property as soon as possible after collection
- Clean your bins regularly
A list of what goes in your waste bin can be found on the A-Z disposal guide
Residential recycling bins
For information about residential recycling bins, visit the residential recycling page
Included in the waste fee is the repair or replacement of bins – click here to register a bin request.
City of Subiaco residents are entitled to two discounted tip passes per property, per year, at $41 each. Each pass entitles the bearer to dispose of up to one 6x4 trailer of mixed household waste at the WMRC Resource Recovery Facility on Lemnos Street, Shenton Park. Tip passes are available from the city's Administration Centre for disposal of mixed waste at the transfer station.