Residential bulk waste collection
The city now has two residential bulk waste collections each year. Items are recycled where possible. Please note, collection time is dependent on the volume of items placed on the verge.
- Monday 4 to Friday 8 December 2017: place items on verge weekend of 2 to 3 December.
- Monday 2 to Friday 6 July 2018: place items on verge weekend of 30 June to 1 July.
Place waste neatly on the street verge outside your property. If you do not have a verge, place items in front of the boundary to your property line or near an open gateway. The city does not go onto private property to collect bulk waste. The Subi Centro collection point is from rear lanes.
Please do not put waste out before the specified dates. Items must be on your verge by 6am on the first day of the removal period.
What will the city remove?
The city will remove
The city will not remove
- Timber products
- Stoves and refrigerators with doors removed
- e-Waste and electronic items
- Steel and metal items
- Gas cylinders
Note: Gas cylinders must be placed
away from other items for occupational,
health and safety purposes, as they will be collected separately.
- Garden waste
- Bricks, builder’s rubble, sand or cement
- Foodstuffs and household waste including medicines
- Motor vehicles, car parts, tyres and batteries
- Flammable liquids and other hazardous materials
- Paint and oil
- Asbestos cement products
See Asbestos and hazardous materials
Note: Many of these items not accepted for bulk rubbish can be taken to the JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility. Visit the Western Metropolitan Regional Council website (external site) to find out what will be accepted (charges may apply – check the website).